I've been on the FP twice! Both through treasuries!
It took me about 8-9 months to get there, but there is so much more to it than just good pictures. And Treasuries is definitely one of them.
Here are some other helpful tips:
1. Make friends on Etsy! Hang out on the forums, create treasuries. You'll automatically make friends and bring in lots of hearts. People love to be included and recognized and it makes them like you and your shop even more...so reach out to others and you'll find yourself in several more treasuries.
2. Tags are everything! Remember to include descriptive tags such as exact shades of colors so that people can find you.
3. Spend time on your photos! If your views/ hearts and sales are low...first problem is most likely your pictures. Spend some serious time experimenting with your items, different lighting, no flash (seriously helps). And try every angle, background (Always use backgrounds that are natural to, and compliment your product rather than take away from it).
Cameras do help (I finally bought a professional camera, and I will be the first to admit that it makes the job much easier). But just about any camera will do a great job if you just play around with it a bit. And photo shop...don't change or distort your items, but do play up the color so it pops in a photo.
4. Renew Regularly! In order for not only customers to find you, but treasury curators...make sure that your items don't fall all the way back to page 22. Keep some of your items on the first 5 pages of their categories... this helps make them so much easier to find. Plus I admit that after 5-10 pages I stop looking.
5. Be Positive! Be proud of your product...and let it speak for itself in the photos, seriously I can't stress positivity enough...it just works! Don't give up or get discouraged...you can do anything that you set your mind to!
Hopefully all these tips help you all out!
Have a Great Day!