Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Featured Seller: Debs 102 Handmade and Found!!!

Today's Seller is another cute and fun find for all ages! No doubt you can find gifts for just about anyone on your list. Say Hello to Debs102 Handmade and Found!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/debs102
This cute little kitty knit set is so cute, but then again so is everything else in this adorable shop!
Let's learn a little more about this great seller:
~"I’m Debs Harding and I live in Cardiff, South Wales in the UK with my new husband Stewart. We got married about 2 months ago in a gorgeous ceremony here in Cardiff surrounded by family and friends. I am a keen dressmaker, and spent months repairing a vintage 50’s prom dress to wear on my big day – looked great! I’m also a complete knit-a-holic; my spare room is filled with yarns of all types and colours which I’ll use up at some point!
~"I launched my shop in November 2009 and word has been slowly spreading ever since! I sell knitted accessories and home wear of all kinds. Some of my favourite pieces include my novelty tea cosies – including bumble bees and ladybugs, and my new collection of lighter weight knits for year-round wear.

~"My inspirations come from looking around the high street and in fashion magazines in the UK for the latest trends, and how I can create knitted accessories to match these trends – this is where the inspiration for my slouch beanies came from, after seeing similar styles in stores such as Topshop. For my home wear I tend to look in vintage and charity stores to see vintage style tea cosies, and try to update them for 2010. I’m working on a whole new range of tea cosies ready for the festive season, including a basket of flowers cosy! I love Ravelry, and am a member of the Etsy Knitters, Etsy Sellers, Etsy UK and Etsy Cymru (Wales) teams – so spend time chatting with members and helping with as well as receiving advice!

~"Times have been tough here in Wales – the recession has hit us particularly hard and job and money is very tight for everyone. Sometimes it can take a lot to keep motivated, especially knitting with warm yarns when it is hot and sunny outside! Over the summer when things tend to quieten down, I spend time promoting and spreading the word about my goods, through social media and my new blog, and working on new ideas for when things pick up. I also try and target people who are now in the winter in the southern hemisphere, and sell a lot of chunkier items “Down Under”!

~"I’m looking to take part in the up and coming Etsy “Christmas in July” Sale between the 15th and 25th July, and have been working really hard on my new blog, with over 60 followers in the first week of it being launched!"

Debs

Facebook: www.facebook.com/handmade.found
Twitter: www.twitter.com/debs_102
Blog: www.debs102.blogspot.com
Etsy: www.debs102.etsy.com

Thanks so much for sharing with us Debs, love your shop! Here's her link again so we can all visit:

Want to be featured too? No problem, just follow and leave a comment with a link to your shop so I can contact you!

~Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!~

1 comment:

My First Treasury! "Autumn Morning"